incomplete - waiting for more feedback

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  close lid suspends correctly and wakealarm resumes from suspend to run
  cron jobs but opening lid reveals no display

Status in pm-utils package in Ubuntu:

  [Problem]

  When I close the laptop lid, pm-action runs the following code which I
  have added:

  sh -c "echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm" # clear alarm
  sh -c "echo `date '+%s' -d '7am next day + 30 minutes'` >
/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm" # set alarm

  and then suspends. At 7:30 AM the next day, the laptop resumes from
  suspend with the lid closed and executes cron jobs (e.g. some
  backups). If I open the lid then there is no display. I tried several
  options to resume the display:

  - [FAILS] all sorts of keyboard combinations
  - [FAILS] ssh -X into laptop and execute "sudo -u bierre env DISPLAY=:0
/usr/bin/xrandr --auto" (n.b. when I run "sudo -u bierre env" there is no
DISPLAY variable)
  - [MANUAL HACK] closing the lid causes the laptop to suspend and then opening
the lid causes it to resume with a normal working display

  I would like a solution or SOFTWARE HACK which I could add to /usr/lib
  /pm-utils/sleep.d/99video during resume from suspend triggered by
  wakealarm so that opening the lid would reveal a working display.

  [Laptop System Information]

  laptop = MacBookPro5,5
  pm-utils version = 1.4.1-13ubuntu0.2
  kernel = Linux version 3.19.0-32-generic (buildd@lgw01-43) (gcc version 4.8.2
(Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) ) #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 22 09:41:40 UTC 2015
  OS = "Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa" based on "14.04.3 LTS, Trusty Tahr"
  desktop environment = XFCE
  video card = NVIDIA Corporation C79 [GeForce 9400M] (rev b1) (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
  video driver = [633938.944] (II) NOUVEAU(0): Output LVDS-1

  [Additional Information]

  After my cron backup job is finished it will check if the lid is
  closed. If it is closed then it will run pm-suspend. If I then open
  the lid, the laptop resumes with a normal working display. So the
  problem of no visible display occurs only when I open the lid after
  resume from wakealarm and before the backup job suspends the laptop.