** Changed in: miral
    Milestone: None => 1.5

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Alan Griffiths (alan-griffiths) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  Shell doesn't know when base display config has changed

Status in Mir:
  Fix Released
Status in MirAL:
  In Progress
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Privileged clients can change the server base display configuration.
  Shell wants to know when the  base config is committed to a valid
  config (as opposed to a preview), in order to save that config to
  disk, to be applied again on restart.

  I cannot see any API for shell to learn when base config is changed.

  Closest is the AuthorizingDisplayChanger, but that is private. Really, all we
want is a callback on
  - base config set to new config (applied, not previewed)

  Would also be nice to know:
  - base config has changed to preview a new config
  - base config preview cancelled