Here is my understanding of next steps:

1) A MP should be submitted against the Artful seeds to update the 17.10
image(s) (which have not been release-published yet). On the next run, that
will lead to numactl showing up in main in 17.10.
2) A MP should be submitted against the Zesty seeds to update the 17.04
publishing.
3) A MP should be submitted against the Xenial seeds to update the 16.04
publishing.
4) A request needs to be made to the AAs to actually move the binary package in
the released series. They will need to do a pocket copy from $series/universe
to $series-updates/main of the same version, since the $series release pocket
is frozen. This will lead to numactl showing up in main in 17.04 and 16.04.
5) When the 16.04.3 ISOs are built, presuming 4) is complete for 16.04, then
numactl should show up on the ISO.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  please include numactl on the ubuntu-server iso

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ubuntu-meta source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in ubuntu-meta source package in Zesty:

  I've submitted an MIR for the numactl binary package at: LP: #1700824.
  Assuming that is approved, please also include this on the server seed, which
I believe is necessary for it to appear on the ubuntu-server ISOs.