Architecture: amd64
Date: Mon Aug  7 06:37:27 2017
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: initramfs-tools

** Affects: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug artful

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  No space left on device when trying to install a stock kernel image

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I have no separate boot partition. Still when trying to install a
  kernel from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/?C=N;O=D I
  get the following error message:

  xitcp: cannot create regular file
  '/var/tmp/mkinitramfs_uNlQUF//lib/firmware/nvidia/gp100/gr/fecs_data.bin':
  No space left on device

  If the initramfs filesystem isn't growable or big enough?

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  Package: initramfs-tools 0.125ubuntu9
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-041300rc2-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.6-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64