I added this PPA to a Precise (12.04.3) system (https://launchpad.net
/~ubuntu-sdk-team/+archive/ppa). I then tried installing ubuntu-sdk,
which failed. I followed the chain of failed dependencies:

# apt-get install ubuntu-sdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
 ubuntu-sdk : Depends: qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu-cordova but it is not going to
be installed

# apt-get install qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu-cordova
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
 qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu-cordova : Depends: qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu (=
2.8.1bzr56precise0) but it is not going to be installed

# apt-cache policy qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu
qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.8.1bzr57precise0
  Version table:
     2.8.1bzr57precise0 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa/ubuntu/ precise/main
amd64 Packages

So it appears to be qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu-cordova requiring a specific
version (2.8.1bzr56precise0), and only that version, and only
2.8.1bzr57precise0 (notice different revision)  being available in the
PPA. Maybe the dependency in qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu-cordova should be
>= rather than just = ?

I realize this is a strange use case. We do have a piece of software
that depends on ubuntu-sdk to build, and needs to be built for Precise
at least (though the same happens on Quantal and I think Raring; Saucy
and Trusty work OK).

Thanks!

** Affects: ubuntu-touch-meta (Ubuntu)

ubuntu-sdk uninstallable on precise, quantal, raring from
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/+archive/ppa
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1260834
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-touch-meta in Ubuntu.