Hi Dimitri,

We are affected by that,too.
We have no advantage support.
We have multiple server parks with 3000+ Ubuntu machines.

We sees this this bug triggering especially, if some
program/container/pod is using auto mount directly after startup.

We worked around this issue by manually patching, but this is not a
great solution, as you can guess.

Is there any expectation when the MR above will be back ported or a new
systemd release, which is including the fix will be issued ?

Best Regards
Lars

** Attachment added: "ubuntu-bug systemd"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1709649/+attachment/4932733/+files/apport.systemd.af72r96i.apport

  229 backport for  race between explicit mount and handling automount

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  We have a blocking issue in systemd for the following release

  ```
  NAME="Ubuntu"
  VERSION="16.04.3 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
  ID=ubuntu
  ID_LIKE=debian
  PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
  VERSION_ID="16.04"
  HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/";
  SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/";
  BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/";
  VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
  UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial
  ```

  This release runs systemd229, we are affected by the following auto-
  mouting race condition

  ```
  https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/5916
  ```

  Is back porting  the fix to the release 229 an option?

  Regards.