Started working for me about yesterday, but then dropped again.
I use .domain vpn and no .domain get resolved by the system.
It was ok about a week ago, then not working, working for a day, then again -
none.

  Cannot resolve DNS in artful daily

Status in casper package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in netcfg package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  in the current daily 21 Aug 2017, I can ping 8.8.8.8 from a live
  session / installed session - running on virtualbox 5.1.26.

  However I cannot ping google.com - "Name or service not known"

  Kind of difficult to run ubuntu-bug here without a fully functioning
  network.

  Happy to provide more details - please can someone guide me producing
  a much better bug-report?

  ----

  my zesty VM is working just fine.  As of a week ago, my artful daily
  was working just fine also.

  ----

  * /etc/resolv.conf is empty file on most images built, which is not right, it
should point to ../run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf. Should be fixed in
image generation? systemd?

  * Adding a hack, to create /etc/resolv.conf if it does not exist, or
  is empty. src:systemd

  * network-manager does not consider that dns is managed by resolved if
  .53 is present in /etc/resolv.conf or if it points to stub-
  resolv.conf. src:network-manager

  * netcfg has integrtation w.r.t. /etc/resolv.conf and resolvconf.
  Needs checking / fixing

  * caster has resolvconf integration

  * livecd-rootfs has resolvconf integration