Autopkgtest run:
https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-artful-rbalint-scratch/artful/amd64/u/unattended-upgrades/20170831_220442_9df74@/log.gz

** Attachment added: "Install log including autopkgtest run"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unattended-upgrades/+bug/1714019/+attachment/4942101/+files/log.gz

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unattended-upgrades in

  Please merge unattended-upgrades 0.96 (main) from Debian unstable
  (main)

Status in unattended-upgrades package in Ubuntu:

  I'm also asking for a Feature Freeze Exception following the rules for
  new upstream version per
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess.

  [Reason]
  Unattended-upgrades is planned to be enabled by default but the versions
present in Ubuntu can break the system by not protecting the upgrade process
from termination during shutdown (see LP: #1690980).
  The newer version in Debian fixes the shutdown-related issue and contains
several additional reliability and debuggability fixes.

  [Logs]
  They are attached to this bug.

  [Testing]
  The autopkgtest log is attached and I also tested the version in Debian
several times while preparing the fixes for various bugs.