I'm not able to reproduce with 1.18.3-0ubuntu1.1 on my 16.04 LTS laptop
with external screen (higher resolution than built-in) and Intel
graphics. Robert, any ideas?

Thanks

** Information type changed from Private Security to Public Security

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  LightDM Bypass - lock screen doesn't resize after adding new display

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I'm able to consistently bypass LightDM and access my desktop without
  a password, simply by plugging in my external monitor. I'm running it
  on Linux Mint - let me know if this bug is more appropriate for their
  issue tracker.

  I made a 1 minute video demonstrating the issue, which might be easier
  to understand than text. Sorry in advance for filming vertically.
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWs_SQJ1-Ak

  1)

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      18.2

  2)

  $ apt-cache policy lightdm
  lightdm:
    Installed: 1.18.3-0ubuntu1.1
    Candidate: 1.18.3-0ubuntu1.1
    Version table:
   *** 1.18.3-0ubuntu1.1 500
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.18.1-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages

  3)

  I plugged in my external monitor to my laptop while it was locked. I
  expected my computer to remain locked even though I had plugged in a
  new display.

  4)

  The new monitor was not covered by LightDM, allowing me to interact
  with it. Additionally, parts of my laptop monitor became uncovered.

  Notes:

  My laptop display is a 3200x1800 QHD (HiDPI) display when it's
  standalone but I downscale it to 1600x900 when it has an attached
  monitor, due to Ubuntu's scaling issues when connecting HiDPI and
  regular monitors. It's possible that LightDM doesn't think to resize,
  or resizes incorrectly, when the laptop screen automatically
  downscales as the new display is attached.

  I use Nvidia's proprietary graphics drivers (nvidia-375) on a GeForce
  840M.