** Branch linked: lp:~3v1n0/unity/decoration-edges-improvements

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Shadow applied inconsistently to windows that use XShape

Status in Unity:
  In Progress
Status in Unity 7.2 series:
  In Progress
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  When using the XShape APIs*, windows that have a rectangular shape are
  treated like normal windows (they get a title bar and shadow) even if
  the rectangular region is much smaller than the window.

  When a non-rectangular window changes its shape to be rectangular, it
  gains a shadow that remains even after changing its shape back to be
  non-rectangular.

  Ideally there would always be a shadow that matches the shape of the
  window.

  In the mean time, the correct behavior might be to remove the shadow
  whenever a shape is applied. If the application wishes to remove an
  applied shape, they could do something like:

    XShapeCombineMask(d, w, ShapeBounding, 0, 0, None, ShapeSet);

  Please let me know if you need any more details, or if I'm missing
  something. (Unfortunately, the ubuntu-bug tool wouldn't work when
  filing this bug).

  * http://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/xextproto/shape.html