From: Bug 474646 [mailto:474...@bugs.launchpad.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2017 6:38 PM
To: sha...@computersystemconsulting.ca
Subject: Ojda. Ar du krankt.

Sorry, man. My story is the reverse of yours:  lost my mom to pancreatic
cancer at age 68 (a year of chemo gave her  perhaps six quality months
of life beyond  what  was  predicted). The  end was hard.

My dad is  in remission from stage 4 melanoma, which is pretty rare for
someone diagnosed at 80. They found the lung tumor  first, biopsy
indicated  it  was melanoma, not carcinoma,  which led them  to find the
skin lesion. Once  all of that plus the  lymph nodes  were gone, he was
treated with  chemo in the form  of a daily pill that  (thankfully) has
few  side effects. He's now had 3 PET scans  that show no  sign  of
cancer. He has other  issues, but right now, it looks like he's  a
cancer  survivor.

If you're like me (having lost 3  of 4 grandparents to cancer as well), you're
not wondering IF you'll get  cancer, but when and what  kind.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

** Attachment added: "933F1343833118FB.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/474646/+attachment/4951447/+files/933F1343833118FB.jpg

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  sound dos not work crackaling noise only

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  This as not worked for some time I have added utills but they don't help.
  New upgrade to the latest version did not help
  If run a game call railroad tycoon the sound dose work. so the card in the
laptap is ok
  I am running a msi mega book s430x
  AMD Athlon-x2 64

  ProblemType: Bug
  AplayDevices:
   card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
     Subdevices: 1/1
     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  shanta     2558 F.... pulseaudio
  Card0.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:0 'NVidia'/'HDA NVidia at 0xfebd8000 irq 23'
     Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC883'
     Components : 'HDA:10ec0883,1462373d,00100002
HDA:11c11040,11c10001,00100200'
     Controls      : 23
     Simple ctrls  : 14
  CheckboxCommand: alsa_record_playback
  CheckboxDescription:
   Connect a microphone to your microphone port. Click the Test button, then
speak into the microphone. After a few seconds, your speech will be played back
to you.

   Did you hear your speech played back?
  CheckboxTest: alsa_record_playback_external