Public bug reported:

Description
-----------
I chose the english language and live in Belgium. So I chose Brussels for the
Time Zone, and the Belgian keymap.

The Ubuntu date & time applet, in the top bar of the Ubuntu desktop
interface shows me "Son HH:MM", Son standing for "Sonntag" which is
german. I don't get why there is german in my interface since I
configured this language nowhere but English.

Expected Behavior
------------------
Having the day of week in English.

My configuration to reproduce the problem
Here is the region & language configuration as seen in the settings pannel:
Language: English (United States)
Formats : Belgien
Input Sources: Belgian

In the "Date & Time" settings:
Time Zone: CEST (Brussels, Belgium)

** Affects: language-pack-en (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2017-09-17 13-25-15.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1717769/+attachment/4951685/+files/Screenshot%20from%202017-09-17%2013-25-15.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to language-pack-en in

  day of week in german despite i configured the system in english

Status in language-pack-en package in Ubuntu:

  Description