Renato, as far as I know unity8 will also rotate. So it is nonsense to
implement something in toolkit then deprecate, because we need to drive
the rotation control between unity and toolkit. Of course, defining the
flags that drive the rotation direction is one thing, that can be done
as well, but I'd rather sync with unity before we do anything.
OrientationHelper can be extend any time, however that is just a temp
solution.

  Messaging app should not rotate upside down

Status in Messaging App:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu UI Toolkit:
  Triaged
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:

  The messaging app should not rotate upside down.
  This can be confuse, and in some cases causes problems  for example the user
can try to answer a call in the incorrect position.