There is no desktop common installed in Kubuntu AFAIK, but we do
explicitly need fonts-noto-cjk

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  Move fonts to desktop-common

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I split this bug out from LP: #1719934

  Summary
  =======
  Move fonts-indic from supported to desktop-common as Recommends
  Move fonts-noto-cjk, fonts-nanum, and fonts-liberation from desktop to
desktop-common as Recommends

  Details
  =======

  Indic
  -----
  desktop-common in 14.04 had recommends for:

   * (ttf-indic-fonts-core)
   * (ttf-punjabi-fonts)

  https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-
  seeds/platform.trusty/view/head:/desktop-common#L89

  But those were dropped before 16.04 LTS.

  There's a description of ttf-indic-fonts-core in the changelog:
  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ttf-indic-fonts/1:0.5.14ubuntu1

  sudo apt install fonts-indic gives these numbers:

  Need to get 3,315 kB of archives.
  After this operation, 11.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.

  The other 3 fonts
  The comment says there were "space reasons" to have some fonts listed in
desktop instead of desktop-common but I believe that doesn't apply any more.
(All the Desktop flavors appear to ship those fonts except Lubuntu doesn't
include fonts-liberation but Lubuntu Next does so that seems a mistake to not
include that font.)

  https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-
  seeds/ubuntu.artful/view/head:/desktop#L34