Your changelog entry for 2.2.1-1 suggests that it was enabled once.

As far as I can tell there's no other terribly sensible way to get at
the value of RTLD_NOW in Python 2; I was helping a friend who was
writing a complicated thing to do with the Python gdb bindings that
needed that and that needed to work in both Python 2 and 3.  (In Python
3, it's os.RTLD_NOW.)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python2.7 in Ubuntu.

  dl module is missing?

Status in python2.7 package in Ubuntu:

  The Python 2.7 documentation documents the "dl" module (I know it's
  deprecated and has been removed in Python 3), but it doesn't actually
  exist:

    >>> import dl
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named dl

  Seen with both 2.7.12-1ubuntu0~16.04.1 (xenial amd64) and
  2.7.14-2ubuntu2 (artful amd64).