That “Additional Drivers” has its own .desktop file at all is the result
of two ancient accidents.

First, it dates from 2008, before Ubuntu gained a unified System
Settings utility. <https://launchpad.net/jockey/trunk/0.1>

And second, Additional Drivers was merged into Software & Updates Settings, but
nobody has yet taken the next step of integrating Software & Updates Settings
into System Settings.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareAndUpdatesSettings?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=drivers-settings.mockup.png>

But as long as you can access it *from* System Settings (and as well as
from Software Updater and Gnome Software), I don’t think it’s
appropriate for it to have a .desktop file at all. That it’s a separate
app is a technical detail.

FWIW, I said much the same thing more than ten years ago.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlwaysEnableUniverseMultiverse?action=diff&rev2=39&rev1=38>

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  "Additional Drivers" desktop shortcut missing in Ubuntu 17.10

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  There used to be an "Additional Drivers" shortcut in the applications
  list in Unity. This shortcut is missing in the GNOME Shell Overview in
  Ubuntu 17.10.