Thanks for the report. I'll get this fixed soon.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  AppArmor: cupsd not allowed to send signals to third_party

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  The cups 1.7.5-3 AppArmor profile has this rule which seems to be ineffective:
    signal (receive, send) peer=third_party,

  I get this denial log entry when (re)installing cups:
  audit: type=1400 audit(1412239287.417:110): apparmor="DENIED"
operation="signal" profile="/usr/sbin/cupsd" pid=28964 comm="cupsd"
requested_mask="send" denied_mask="send" signal=term
peer="/usr/sbin/cupsd//third_party"

  Changing it to the absolute profile name seems to work:
    signal (receive, send) peer=/usr/sbin/cupsd//third_party,

  I guess apparmor_parser can't distinguish between a profile named
  third_party and a subprofile named third_party.