If you need further information, please let me know.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to resolvconf in Ubuntu.

  resolvconf not correctly configured after update from 17.04 to 17.10

Status in resolvconf package in Ubuntu:

  After having updated my laptop from Ubuntu 17.04 to 17.10, the DNS
  lookup on my wireless network connection did not work any more.

  As it seems, the file /etc/resolv.conf was static and contained wrong
  data assigned by the NetworkManager. When I changed the file content
  manually to

    nameserver 127.0.0.53

  DNS lookup worked fine. After reboot, however, I had to repeat this
  operation since NetworkManager seems to have replaced the file
  content.

  Finally, I found a solution. Running

  sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf

  the file /etc/resolv.conf was replaced by the link

  /etc/resolv.conf -> ../run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

  Now, the wireless network seems to work properly.

  Hence, there must be some kind of bug during the update process from
  Ubuntu 17.04 to 17.10 that impedes resolvconf to be configured
  properly.

  Best regards,

  Artur

  Package: resolvconf 1.79ubuntu8
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Oct 21 23:17:38 2017
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: resolvconf
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-10-19 (1 days ago)