Since my upgraded from Kubuntu 14.04 to 16.04, my audio settings are not stored
properly any longer.
When I reboot, the audio comes through the built-in audio speakers of my
Thinkpad. However; I have a screen attached to HDMI (dock) with a better audio
device.

With Pulse Audio Volume Control under Configuration, I see that the setting is
Analog Surround 4.0.
Then I change to Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output, and the sound comes from my HDMI
device.

After each and every reboot, it starts with the Analog Surround Sound 4.0 and
from my laptop.
Once I have switched back to HDMI, the tab 'Output Devices' then shows as only
available Device HDMI/Display Port (unplugged). It is *not* unplugged,
otherwise I couldn't get my sound from my HDMI device, could I?
Reboot and repeat.

This never happened under 14.04.

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Pulse audio doesn't store configuration any longer
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1727515
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.