Hi,

I think this is a duplicate of bug 1713457 where resolvconf is not
removing the old search domains from the list when disconnecting.

** Changed in: resolvconf (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to resolvconf in Ubuntu.

  /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf contains invalid 'search' entries

Status in resolvconf package in Ubuntu:

  STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

  I connect to certain MIT networks via both wired and wireless
  connections.

  Afterwards, I connect to a home network.

  EXPECTED:

  Domains like http://web.mit.edu resolve.

  OBSERVED:

  They don't.

  The file /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf contains only these lines:

  nameserver 127.0.0.53
  search mit.edu hsd1.ma.comcast.net

  It would seem hsd1.ma.comcast.net is correct, since that describes my
  ISP. But the mit.edu is erroneous and prevents applications from
  correctly resolving mit.edu domains.

  If I manually edit this file and remove "mit.edu" from the search
  line, the domains then resolve correctly. Shouldn't this be removed
  automatically?

  ~$ lsb_release -rd && apt-cache policy resolvconf
  Release:        17.10
  resolvconf:
    Installed: 1.79ubuntu8
    Candidate: 1.79ubuntu8
    Version table:
   *** 1.79ubuntu8 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/universe amd64 Packages
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/universe i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: resolvconf 1.79ubuntu8
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Nov  9 00:34:20 2017
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" - Release amd64 (20170412)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: resolvconf
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-10-19 (20 days ago)