sudo apt-get install gnome-icon-theme

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  ibus GUI not loading, unable to use input

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ibus package in Debian:

  I'm using oneiric since alpha3, and despite all the updates and
  bugfixes, ibus is just not working under ubuntu, nor kubuntu.

  kernel: 3.0.0-11 (also previous versions)
  ibus: 1.3.99.20110419-1ubuntu3 (also ibus-gtk, ibus-gtk3, ibus-qt4,
ibus-pinyin packages are installed and up-to-date, with all dependencies)
  kubuntu 11.10

  The problem is that even though ibus-daemon starts up at login, but it
  doesn't do anything, the icon doesn't appear in the notificaion area,
  and I can't seem to switch to a different method with the hotkey
  either. When I try running ibus-daemon from the command line, i get
  the answer that it's already running for this session. Also there is
  no way under language support to install chinese language pack, only
  the translations, all the other options are greyed out (input methods,
  etc) since oneiric.

  There isn't any error messages whatsoever, it just doesn't work, and
  also the same with scim and uim too.