** Project changed: gnome-shell => gtk

** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Context menus do not appear for Gtk text areas upon right-click

Status in GTK+:
  Confirmed
Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  When right-clicking on Gtk text areas (such as an editable text area
  or a text entry field), a context menu does not appear.  The pop-up
  context menu typically lists options such as copy, paste, etc.

  EXAMPLES

  Examples of applications that are impacted include:
  1. Gedit Text Area
  2. Nautlus (editable address bar)
  3. Google Chrome URL bar
  4. GtkHash (text entry fields)

  Interestingly the text areas of some other applications do show pop-up
context menu when right-clicked:
  1. Libre Office Writer
  2. Web pages in Google Chrome that require text entry (such as this web page)

  RECREATING ISSUE

  I do not have a consistent way to recreate this issue (yet). When I
  first log in, the right-click context menus work fine.  After some
  time of usage, the right-click context menus no longer appear.  If I
  use the computer long enough (over an hour) without rebooting, this
  issue always appears.

  This issue seems to only affect widgets that require text entry.
  However, there is one exception I have noticed: the tabs in Google
  Chrome stop showing pop-up context menus at the same time as this
  issues manifests itself for the rest of gnome-shell applications with
  text areas.

  OTHER CONTEXT MENUS

  Context menus for other widgets do appear upon right-click, as
  expected, and work fine.  For example, the context menu for window
  title bars appear when right-clicking on them.  The context menu for
  folders and files in Nautilus also appear when right-clicking on them.

  SYSTEM INFORMATION

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      17.10

  $ apt-cache policy gnome-shell
  gnome-shell:
    Installed: 3.26.1-0ubuntu5
    Candidate: 3.26.1-0ubuntu5
    Version table:
   *** 3.26.1-0ubuntu5 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.26.1-0ubuntu4 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages

  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.1-0ubuntu5
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Fri Nov 10 18:39:00 2017
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'enabled-extensions' b"['caffe...@patapon.info',
'coverflowalt...@palatis.blogspot.com', 'print...@linux-man.org',
'refresh-w...@kgshank.net', 'ubuntu-appindicat...@ubuntu.com',
'ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com',
'user-th...@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com',
'cariboubloc...@git.keringar.xyz', 'gpa...@gnome-shell-extensions.gnome.org']"
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'had-bluetooth-devices-setup' b'true'
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'favorite-apps' b"['google-chrome.desktop',
'chrome-eppojlglocelodeimnohnlnionkobfln-Default.desktop',
'org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop', 'org.gnome.Terminal.desktop',
'org.gnome.gedit.desktop', 'libreoffice-writer.desktop',
'libreoffice-calc.desktop', 'org.gnome.Software.desktop',
'gnome-system-monitor.desktop']"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module' b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10.0 2017.11.07 amd64 "Custom Artful Aardvark"
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>