Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: tzdata (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tzdata in Ubuntu.

  Utopic time is off by 4 hours after boot

Status in “tzdata” package in Ubuntu:

  Every day for the couple of several weeks when booting into Utopic the time
is off usually by 4 hours.
  I went to time and date settings and the ability to check get time
Automatically from the internet is greyed out.
  Even though it knows I am in US Eastern Standard time this does not fix it:
  cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

  Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
  Local time is now:      Tue Sep 30 08:09:32 EDT 2014.
  Universal Time is now:  Tue Sep 30 12:09:32 UTC 2014.

  The only thing that will fix it is sudo ntpdate ntp.ubuntu.com
  This happens to me in Gnome Flashback (with Compiz) every single day but
others report it happens in Unity too.

  Package: tzdata 2014g-1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.7-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Gnome Flashback (with Compiz)
  Date: Fri Oct  3 13:45:36 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64 (20140310)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: tzdata