Is there a chance that we will see this backported to xenial?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libimobiledevice in

  Need updated libimobiledevice to mount IOS 11 devices

Status in libimobiledevice package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading to IOS 11, I stopped being able to mount my ipad in
  ubuntu.

  The relevant log lines from gvfs-afc are:

  gvfsd[1855]: afc: Added new job source 0x55802a00f130 (GVfsBackendAfc)
  gvfsd[1855]: afc: Queued new job 0x558029ff36d0 (GVfsJobMount)
  gvfsd[1855]: afc: Lockdown client try #0
  gvfsd[1855]: afc: Got lockdown error '-3' while doing 'initial paired client'
  gvfsd[1855]: afc: send_reply(0x558029ff36d0), failed=1 (Unhandled Lockdown
error (-3))

  The fix is here in the upstream github:

https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice/commit/5a85432719fb3d18027d528f87d2a44b76fd3e12