I can confirm that signon-ui-service
(0.17+17.10.20171027+really20160406-0ubuntu1~ppa1) and signon-ui-x11
(0.17+17.10.20171027+really20160406-0ubuntu1~ppa1) allow me to get past
the Google account error. The account shows up, but going online does
not quite work yet (which I have seen before).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to signon-ui in Ubuntu.

  kde-telepathy, impossible to connect to gmail accounts

Status in meta-kde-telepathy package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in signon-ui package in Ubuntu:

  Im running ubuntu 12.10 quantal and i have installed kde, when running
  kde-telepathy i have added a gmail account, and after entering the
  password it has revealed impossible to connect to it, it always says
  that the password is wrong when that is false.

  When using empathy, i have removed the gmail account and have added it
  again, now appears a XMLL window asking ubuntu permission to conenct
  to it, and now i was able to conenct to the gmail account.