Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Screen tearing with AMD APU and Ubuntu 17.10 x64

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,
  I have two PCs with AMD hardware: a desktop with AMD A10-7800 and a laptop
with AMD A10-7300, so both with AMD Kaveri APUs.
  The operating system is Ubuntu 17.10 x64 both on the desktop and on the
laptop.
  The good news is that the driver built into Ubuntu works fine. I hope I can
improve yet but I am satisfied.
  The only problem occurs with the Opera browser: when I display something
graphic, for example a video on YouTube or by scrolling the photos, it presents
a lot of tearing. With Firefox this problem is not there.
  I have already reported this problem to Opera and AMD, but I do not think
they have taken into account, because even the latest versions of Opera have
screen tearing.
  I hope you can solve and work with AMD driver team and Opera because I would
like to use that browser, thank you!