@Ping-Wu: Right, the ibus-libpinyin package provides both an
"intelligent Pinyin" and a "Bopomofo" input method.

Yeah, suggested improvements is certainly another "thread". ;) This is
actually a bug report with a very specific adminstrative purpose. If you
want to discuss improvements, I think the proper way is to file an
upstream issue here:

https://github.com/libpinyin/ibus-libpinyin/issues

Anyway, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS will be shipped with ibus-libpinyin 1.9.2. I'm
not sure that would have happened without your input here, so thank you
very much for calling our attention to the usability differences
compared to the current version in Ubuntu 17.10. Much appreciated!

** Description changed:

  Please include these packages in Ubuntu's component main:

  * ibus-libpinyin
- * libpinyin (the ibus-libpinyin binary depends on libpinyin7)
+ * libpinyin (the ibus-libpinyin binary depends on libpinyin13)

  As has been discussed at bug #1735362 we would like to replace ibus-
  sunpinyin with ibus-libpinyin ("Intelligent Pinyin") in the live seed
  and as the default input method for typing Simplified Chinese. Reasons
  for the switch are:

  - ibus-libpinyin is better maintained
  - ibus-libpinyin is built with and depends on Python3
-   (not yet in Debian: https://bugs.debian.org/883631)
  - ibus-libpinyin is default input method in GNOME

  Bugs ibus-libpinyin
  -------------------
  https://github.com/libpinyin/ibus-libpinyin/issues

  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=ibus-libpinyin

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus-libpinyin

  Bugs libpinyin
  --------------
  https://github.com/libpinyin/libpinyin/issues

  (no open Debian or Ubuntu bugs)

-
- I have read https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMainInclusionRequirements, and
haven't found any issues that would prevent the proposed main inclusion.
+ I have read https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMainInclusionRequirements, and
+ haven't found any issues that would prevent the proposed main inclusion.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libpinyin in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] ibus-libpinyin and dependencies

Status in ibus-libpinyin package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in libpinyin package in Ubuntu: