** Changed in: ubuntu-translations

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gettext in Ubuntu.

  Gnome's Activities Overview search is always in English, regardless of
  the system language

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Fix Released
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Fix Released
Status in gettext package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gettext source package in Artful:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-control-center source package in Artful:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell source package in Artful:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  [ Description ]

  In GNOME's activities overview, search entries from gnome-control-
  center aren't translated.

  [ Fix ]

  setlocale() wasn't being called until after the model that supplies
  search results was constructed. We fix the initialisation code to run
  slightly later, after setlocale() has been called.

  [ QA ]

  1. Open a session in a non-English locale which has gnome-control-center
translations (French works).
  2. Hit super and type an "a"
  3. There should be some results from "Settings". They should be in French (or
whatever language you're using).

  [ Regression potential ]

  If we misunderstood when the initialisation phases in GtkApplication
  ran then there could be a race condition. You'd see that manifesting
  as either a crash in the search provider or no results being returned.
  Make sure there aren't crahes reported in errors.u.c.

  [ Original description ]

  Hey,

  I'm referring to this issue on AskUbuntu:
  http://askubuntu.com/questions/600656/change-language-of-the-gnome-
  shell-overview

  On my Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 system all entries from the gnome-control-
  center are shown in English in the Gnome-Shell overview (see
  screenshot in the above mentioned link), even though my system
  language is German. The entries in the gnome-control-center itself are
  however in German.

  Is this due to a bug or missing translations?