** Description changed:

+ [Impact]
+
+  * MemoryDenyWritePolicy can be bypassed by using a slightly different
+ syscall.
+
+ [Test Case]
+
+  * Check that MemoryDenyWritePolicy, blocks pkey_mprotect as well as
+ mprotect.
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+
+  * Upstream fix cherrypick, security vulnerability.
+
+ [Other Info]
+
+  * Original report
+
  Hello,

  We would like to report to you a vulnerability about systemd which
  allows to bypass the MemoryDenyWriteExecution policy on Linux 4.9+.

  The vulnerability is described in the attached PDF file.

-
- Sincerely,
+ Sincerely,
  Thomas IMBERT

  Systemd - Bypassing MemoryDenyWriteExecution policy

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in systemd source package in Zesty:
  Won't Fix
Status in systemd source package in Artful:
  In Progress
Status in systemd source package in Bionic: