This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-meta - 1.411

ubuntu-meta (1.411) bionic; urgency=medium

  * Refreshed dependencies
  * Added cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf to server (LP: #1750851)
  * Added printer-driver-m2300w to desktop-recommends
  * Removed gnome-calculator from desktop-recommends
  * Removed ttf-ancient-fonts-symbola from desktop-recommends

 -- Scott Moser <>  Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:53:43 -0500

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  re-add cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf to ubuntu-server

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I (smoser) removed cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf from ubuntu-server meta
  package.  That package provides functionality needed by MAAS and cause bug
  1748875.  Under that bug we re-added cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf to the
  initramfs that MAAS publishes.

  We subsequently saw failure in open-iscsi tests, which utilize that same

  My commit message to the fix of maas-images is below for informational
  purposes [1]:

  'b' is *also* used by the open-iscsi use case.  It boots with a slightly
  different form than maas images:
    BOOTIF_DEFAULT=eth0 and ip=:::::name:BOOTIF

  Here, 'BOOTIF' will be replaced with 'eth0'.

  | Re-add cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf. Needed by maas for BOOTIF in ip=.
  | The previous commit to trunk dropped cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf from
  | the maas image in releases newer than xenial.
  | That caused errors in MAAS. cloud-initramfs-dyn-netconf does 2 things:
  | a.) writes /run/network/dynamic-interfaces
  |     this is a ENI style file with data retrived from ipconfig
  | b.) convert 'BOOTIF' string in the value of IP
  |   Example:
  |     ip=::::foobar:BOOTIF BOOTIF=01-00-22-68-10-c1-e6
  |   will be effectively rendered as:
  |     ip=::::foobar:eth0
  | 'b' is still required by maas.
  | Note: in maas v3 images, the squashfs image is re-used pristine
  | from cloud-images. Because of this, the installation into the image
  | affects initramfs creation, but does not affect the image. That is
  | correct in that this package is not needed in the image but only
  | in the initramfs.

  Related bugs:
   * bug 1748875:  Unable to deploy Bionic on bare-metals with MaaS 2.3.0

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :