Please ask Atom to rebuild against electron 1.7.10.

I am closing this bug since Ubuntu itself works fine and I think there
is an easy fix for third-party apps.

** Changed in: freetype (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to freetype in Ubuntu.

  libfreetype6 2.8.1 cause nasty font glitches in atom editor

Status in freetype package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  Main bugreport:

  Problem can be reproduced with 2.8.1-0.1ubuntu2, but it disappears on

  I don't know about root cause, but may be holding back on 2.8-0 in
  bionic may be a great idea?

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: libfreetype6 2.8-0.2ubuntu2.1
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-10-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.8-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: X-Cinnamon
  Date: Fri Feb 23 16:42:14 2018
   gcc-8-base 8-20180208-0ubuntu1
   libc6 2.26-0ubuntu2.1
   libgcc1 1:8-20180208-0ubuntu1
   libpng16-16 1.6.34-1
   zlib1g 1:1.2.11.dfsg-0ubuntu2
   # This is a distribution channel descriptor
   # For more information see
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" - Build amd64 LIVE Binary
  SourcePackage: freetype

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :