I've just ran into this issue once again on a freshly installed Ubuntu.
It exports QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk somewhere, and that makes e.g. Dropbox
not work correctly.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Qt5 apps don’t pick up the GTK+ style anymore

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  Since I upgraded to Qt 5.7.1, Qt5 apps stopped picking up the Ubuntu
  (GTK+, I presume) theme, and look very Windowsy. I have qt5-gtk-
  platformtheme installed, and I tried forcing it by setting
  QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME, but to no avail.