** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Debian)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  Resume from disk (swapfile) fails

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in initramfs-tools package in Debian:

  Well, hibernation with swap file doesn't work while hibernation with
  swap partition works perfectly fine with the exactly same
  configuration and hardware.

  The reason is that when resuming from swap file, initramfs script
  can't correctly detect the machine are hibernated from the last shut
  down.

  And I investigated the issue and found this patch solved
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-
  tools/+bug/554009/+attachment/1366060/+files/resume.patch) for the
  hibernate to work.

  And it isn't applied to the package. I'd like to help this is really
  applied to the official package.

  In short, my setup is swapfile inside the system filesystem (LUKS +
  LVM2 + ext4).

  Also, I roughly followed this tutorial to prepare this configurartion
  that: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1042946

  I've opening this bug because the original bug report is closed and
  getting no response...