CurrentDesktop: XFCE
Date: Thu Mar  1 10:10:19 2018
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171017.1)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: initramfs-tools
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-02-25 (3 days ago)

** Affects: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  initramfs swretu up wrong swap partition for resuming when zram-config
  is active

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

  I have a low end laptop on which using zram to improve memory (2GB
  only) is critical.

  When I have zram-config installed and running, every kernel update
  tells initramfs to try to resume from /dev/zram0 (which it can't it's
  compressed virtual memory!)

  At next reboot, computer locks up for one minute trying resuming from
  /dev/zram0 which it can't, then throws an error message "invalid
  resume partition" or the like, and proceeds on booting normally.
  Needless to say, it also breaks suspend mode.

  Is it possible to make initramfs-tools zram-aware or blacklist zram
  devices as being candidates for resuming?

  Yours truly. With great respect. Mr SCHNEIDER

  Package: initramfs-tools 0.130ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.8-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE