>From Alfonso Sanchez-Beato (alfonsosanchezbeato):

I finally managed to play these files. Two pieces of information were
not being passed to MTK OMX library:

* Some codec specific data that was not being copied by libhybris
downwards, although gstreamer was actually providing the data.

* The suggested size for the input buffers is not provided by
libhybris/gstreamer, so defaults are taken. It looks like the fact that
the video is interleaved implies that bigger than normal input buffers
are needed. I made a quick workaround that made a file play, but to
solve this properly implies modifications to gstreamer that I am
currently analysing. Android takes the input buffer size from the AVI
header. From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
us/library/windows/desktop/dd318180(v=vs.85).aspx :

dwSuggestedBufferSize:
<<
Specifies the suggested buffer size for reading the file. Generally, this size
should be large enough to contain the largest chunk in the file. If set to
zero, or if it is too small, the playback software will have to reallocate
memory during playback, which will reduce performance. For an interleaved file,
the buffer size should be large enough to read an entire record, and not just a
chunk.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libhybris in Ubuntu.

   video thumbnails are not generated for some divx files

Status in “gst-plugins-bad1.0” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “gst-plugins-base1.0” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “libhybris” package in Ubuntu:

  krillin build #187
  last known good build: ?
  device build: b5e7e45
  specific to krillin: Y

  Other references:
  - bug 1356331

  Video thumbnails are not generated on krillin and mediascanner-
  service-2.0 crashes. It does not happen with all the videos but most
  of the one I tried and any format.

  Test Case:
  1. Upload videos from http://www.divx.com/en/devices/profiles/video to the
device
  2. Go to the video scope and wait

  Expected result
  Thumbnails appear after a moment

  Actual Result
  No thumbnail. Connect to the device to watch apport running and a crash file
of mediascanner-service-2.0 in /var/crash and mediascanner-service-2.0 using
lot of CPU.