(Sorry if I misunderstand your answer)

I didn't ask how to do it. The bug reports tells that it should be
working out of the box, but it's not. This is because ubuntu switched to
systemd-revolved and this package do not provide the necessary bridge,
which is the configuration bit you provide (and that I already provide
in the description).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc in Ubuntu.

  lxc-net incompatible with systemd-resolved

Status in lxc package in Ubuntu:

  Symptoms
  --------

  If an lxc container named *mycontainer* runs, it is not accessible
  using name *mycontainer.lxc*.

  Causes
  ------

  The lxc1 package provides the lxc-net.service which launch a dns-masq
  process to act as dns providing name resolution to local lxc instances
  using the .lxc domain.

  This DNS is however not declared to systemd-resolved, and so .lxc
  names do not work on a standard ubuntu install.

  Proposed solution
  -----------------

  The lxc1 package should provide a
  /etc/systemd/resolved.conf.d/lxc.conf with the following content::

    [Resolve]
    DNS=10.0.3.1
    Domains=~.lxc
    DNSSEC=false