Regarding #43, #44, #51, here is what I did:
* Reset the grub config file
* Removed all nvidia* packages
* Reverted everything to the standard bionic as described here:
* Removed all the old package information using: dpkg --purge `dpkg
--get-selections | grep deinstall | cut -f1`
* Installed nvidia-driver-390: apt-get install nvidia-driver-390
* Restarted

Everything seems to work.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  nvidia-390 fails to boot graphical display

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I'm using Bionic with the new 4.15 kernel. I've been using the
  nvidia-384 driver with no problem for a while.  Today I issued "sudo
  apt-get upgrade" and I was prompted to upgrade the nvidia driver to
  the nvidia-390.  After installing the driver and rebooting, I was only
  able to boot in to the tty terminal.  The graphical display failed to
  boot.  I have had similar problems with nvidia driver version 390 with
  Arch Linux and with Open Suse Tumbleweed.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :