Good question.

Once you have downloaded the .deb files you can install them directly
and they will replace the existing (newer) version you had installed.
You shouldn't try uninstalling those packages because there are
dependencies on them elsewhere in Ubuntu. Only change the versions that
you have (which will automatically and atomically replace what's there
at present).

To install a bunch of deb files run this command in a terminal:

  sudo dpkg -i *.deb

or similar.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  No audio on vlc or videos sound or video files

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  Up until a few weeks ago there was no problem with playing sound from mp3
files. I have a pair of usb speakers. Audio plays Ok on them for video clips
using Chrome (e.g. from BBC website). Using vlc 2.2.2 (from Ubuntu repos),
neither a CD nor DVD (video is Ok) nor mp3 file plays audio. mp3 files play Ok
using Rhythmbox. I've also tried vlc 3.0 with no success.
  Interestingly, the standard Videos app (Totem?) also doesn't play sound on
these speakers either of an mp4 file (downloaded from YouTube, though it plays
Ok on YouTube website using Chrome) or a DVD. Clemenetine plays mp3 files Ok. I
first reported this as bug 1752267 as I thought that the problem was with vlc.
On that bug, it was suggested that the problem is with Pulseaudio.
  Just now, I've tried to play sound through my monitor's built in speakers
connected by hdmi (though the monitor displays Ok) with no success even though
the built-in speakers play sound using pavucontrol when testing is invoked.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  Package: pulseaudio 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.8
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-116-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64
   /dev/snd/controlC2:  john       2410 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  john       2410 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity