@Maarten: Maybe spotify will install and work from its flatpak? It's the
second flatpak app listed here: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/07/7
-flatpak-apps-can-install-right-now-flathub

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to curl in Ubuntu.

  After last updated libcurl3 on libcurl4, some apps are removed.

Status in curl package in Ubuntu:

  Hi!

  After last updated libcurl3 on libcurl4, system (Kubuntu 18.04 bionic)
deleted such applications as:
  virtualbox-5.2
  opera-stable
  slack-desktop

  I really need these applications, I installed them with broken
  dependencies, but they are deleted after each update. Is it possible
  to make the dependence of the libcurl3 in libcurl4, and not remove it
  altogether from system?