Looks good to me. In this case it's better to sync it early than later.
I approve of the FFe for e2fsprogs 1.44 in bionic.

** Changed in: e2fsprogs (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to e2fsprogs in Ubuntu.

  FFe: e2fsprogs 1.44, support for largedir and ea_inode

Status in e2fsprogs package in Ubuntu:

  e2fsprogs 1.44 landed in Debian unstable on March 8, missing feature
  freeze / Debian import freeze by about a week.  Per upstream

(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/e2fsprogs/+bug/1365874/comments/17),
  1.44 includes two new not-enabled-by-default features which would be
  good to have available in the 18.04 userspace: largedir, and ea_inode.

  This is a rather stable and well-maintained codebase with stable
  interfaces, so I believe the risks are small to taking this post-FF.
  The one known change in behavior relative to Ubuntu 16.04 is the
  enablement of metadata checksums by default, which is a change we
  already have via the 1.43.9 package, so shouldn't count against an
  FFe.

  The main (but still small) risk to the release from taking this change
  would be disruption to image builds / installation as a result of
  broken tools.  This would be detected fairly quickly through our
  automated image testing, and if any regressions are introduced we
  should roll back the e2fsprogs update immediately.