The verification of the Stable Release Update for systemd has completed
successfully and the package has now been released to -updates.
Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

  dep8 test systemd-fsckd fails on s390

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Zesty:
  Won't Fix
Status in systemd source package in Artful:

  The systemd-fsckd test has a constraint of isolation-machine, among
  others. Until recently, that actually prevented it from running on
  s390 because we were using containers for it.

  About 3 weeks ago, apparently we started using VMs for s390 dep8
  tests, so that constraint was finally satisfied and systemd-fsckd
  started to run. And to fail consistently, as can be see in
  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/s/systemd/artful/s390x:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/tmp/autopkgtest.PrPiv9/build.iis/src/debian/tests/systemd-fsckd",
line 267, in <module>
      boot_with_systemd_distro()
    File "/tmp/autopkgtest.PrPiv9/build.iis/src/debian/tests/systemd-fsckd",
line 243, in boot_with_systemd_distro
      enable_plymouth()
    File "/tmp/autopkgtest.PrPiv9/build.iis/src/debian/tests/systemd-fsckd",
line 224, in enable_plymouth
      plymouth_enabled = 'splash' in open('/boot/grub/grub.cfg').read()
  FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/boot/grub/grub.cfg'

  There is no grub for s390, so this test must be adjusted or skipped in
  that architecture.