What additional changes will have to be pulled in with 1.15rc in
comparison to the 1.14 we have in the archives? Any other features in
that version that need to be considered while reviewing this FFe?

Did you do a test-build of these changes in some PPA, along with testing
if upgrades from the previously mesa-shipped packages works as expected?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to wayland in Ubuntu.

  FFE: wayland 1.15, move libwayland-egl to src:wayland

Status in wayland package in Ubuntu:

  libwayland-egl was moved from mesa to wayland in 1.15rc and will be
  dropped from Mesa after 18.0.0. So in order to avoid doing this as an
  SRU later when backporting newer mesa to 18.04 we should do the
  transition in bionic before release. Debian has done this now in
  experimental.