Public bug reported:

gcore fails to execute on bionic

$ gcore
/usr/bin/gcore: 28: /usr/bin/gcore: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Line 28 is:
 28 dump_all_cmds=()

This appears to be bash syntax for arrays (as reinforced further down)
which is not compatible with the /bin/sh shebang using dash.

Upstream has a recent commit to move this from /bin/sh to bash (along also
making other changes to fix problems with quoting within the same commit):
https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=e1e6f073a9f5d7c3183cb8096fb24a42c28ba36b

As a minimum fix we should probably change it from /bin/sh to /bin/bash

** Affects: gdb (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gdb (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gdb (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gdb in Ubuntu.

  gcore does not execute, uses /bin/sh but requires bash

Status in gdb package in Ubuntu: