This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-meta - 1.415

---------------
ubuntu-meta (1.415) bionic; urgency=medium

  * Refreshed dependencies
  * Added libu2f-udev to desktop LP: #1752202
  * Removed vlan from server

 -- Dimitri John Ledkov <x...@ubuntu.com>  Mon, 09 Apr 2018 15:54:40
+0100

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  U2F not working after upgrade: systemd dropped udev rules and libu2f-
  udev not installed

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:

has lost its udev rules for U2F devices.
  * installing u2f-host (which pulls in libu2f-udev) doesn't seem to be enough
to get it working either, had to manually reload the rules

  Long version:

  I upgraded from XUbuntu 17.10 to 18.04 daily build for testing.
  Previously I was able to use a Yubikey U2F device with Chromium and Firefox,
however after the upgrade no U2F device was detected, the browser just timed
out the U2F detection.

  I installed u2f-host to debug the problem further but it told me that it
couldn't find any U2F devices. I looked in /dev/hidraw* and my user couldn't
access any.
  Running this and repluggingt the device fixed the permissions: sudo udevadm
control --reload-rules.

  It looks like that systemd used to have udev rules for U2F devices but they
got dropped recently, pointing to libu2f-udev:

https://salsa.debian.org/systemd-team/systemd/commit/655e466caf37af36f527d42f164901b658203a2d

  Which is fine, except libu2f-udev is not installed automatically:
  libu2f-udev
  Reverse Depends:
    libu2f-host0
    ubuntu-mate-desktop
    ubuntu-mate-core
    ubuntu-budgie-desktop
  libu2f-host0
  Reverse Depends:
    libu2f-host-dev
    u2f-host
    pamu2fcfg
    libpam-u2f

  This seems wrong, individual desktop environments shouldn't bring this
  in, either the applications that use them (firefox, chromium) should
  recommend it, or a package common to all desktop flavours should pull
  it in.

  Please make libu2f-udev automatically installed as it was before when
  it was part of systemd, and reload the udev rules when it is
  installed.

  I'm filing this bug against systemd because the package that broke the
  behaviour was systemd, when udev rules got dropped from it the other
  packages' dependencies should've been updated so that the rules are
  not lost.

  Package: systemd 237-3ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.8-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Wed Feb 28 00:22:33 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64
(20171018)
  MachineType: To be filled by O.E.M. To be filled by O.E.M.
  ProcKernelCmdLine: root=UUID=0cc81157-5ab2-46eb-b70b-cb3c62f635e8 ro quiet
vt.handoff=7 initrd=\EFI\ubuntu\initrd.img resume=/dev/nvme0n1p2
  SourcePackage: systemd
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-02-24 (3 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 04/07/2014
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 2501
  dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.board.name: M5A99FX PRO R2.0
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr2501:bd04/07/2014:svnTobefilledbyO.E.M.:pnTobefilledbyO.E.M.:pvrTobefilledbyO.E.M.:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnM5A99FXPROR2.0:rvrRev1.xx:cvnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:ct3:cvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:
  dmi.product.family: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.product.name: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.product.version: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.sys.vendor: To be filled by O.E.M.