Public bug reported:

I have installed
network-manager (1.8.4-1ubuntu3) artful;
network-manager-gnome (1.8.4-1ubuntu1) artful;

Also I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 with Xorg.

Problem 1
>From GUI Wired Settings I can't set Cloned MAC Address.
I'm forced to set it manually changing config file with cloned-mac-address that
I need.
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/wiredcon

Problem 2
After second reboot for some reason Network Manager overwrites my
cloned-mac-address with defaults NIC address and I can't connect to the
Internet, because I need my MAC that I set before.

I have participially solved problem by disabling 'connect automatically'
in Wired Settings and after system reboot cloned-mac-address is saved
with what I need and it is not changed and I have connected to Internet.

Problem 3
If I turn on again 'connect automatically' in Wired Settings the
cloned-mac-address is overwritten
again by default NIC address and I can't connect to Internet.

So I can't change MAC address from GUI interface and I can't use
Internet auto connect option.

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Tags: mac-address network-manager ubuntu-17.10

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 17.10 network-manager ingores and overwrites clonned MAC

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  I have installed
  network-manager (1.8.4-1ubuntu3) artful;
  network-manager-gnome (1.8.4-1ubuntu1) artful;

  Also I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 with Xorg.

  Problem 1
  From GUI Wired Settings I can't set Cloned MAC Address.