** Attachment added: "ubuntu-download-manager.INFO"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-download-manager/+bug/1379025/+attachment/4228923/+files/ubuntu-download-manager.INFO

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-download-manager in

  phone didnt see updates from r89 to r91 until r93 became available

Status in “ubuntu-download-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  situation as best as i can capture:

   1. updated in morning to r89
   2. had internet outage for half a day
   3. afterwards r91 was published
   4. system settings didnt offer to upgrade system
   5. while debugging r93 became available and system settings started
downloading etc.

  checking with barry and sergio it seems udm had some kind of troubles
  getting back to system image when asked to check for updates.

  what makes no sense is that it recovered when new image r93 was there;
  so imo this feels there must be a component hand over somewhere that
  doesnt retry if its step fails half way through; but guess there are
  more ways to cause this behaviour.

  Would be great to at least have a sensible story so we can understand
  if our user base will be at risk not getting important updates.

     system image client.log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/8522507/

  will attach ubuntu-download-manager logs as tarball too...