[Expired for alsa-driver (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [USB-Audio - ThinkPad OneLink Plus Dock Audi, playback] fails after a
  while

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  On Ubuntu 16.10

  The pulseaudio daemon dies occasionally.  It's probably caused by
  audio output activity, but I can't be sure it always stops during
  playback because I can't always hear it (headphones plugged in but not
  on my head).  It doesn't seem to die as much when I'm not playing
  audio, however.

  The included log collected by `ubuntu-bug audio` does not represent
  the bug.  It does not occur frequently enough to capture it while
  creating this report.  But I have capture logs of several crashes in
  the past.

  A month or so ago I added this to my /etc/pulse/client.conf:

  ; Added for debugging pulseaudio failures
  ; https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log
  ; Maybe related:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1574324
  extra-arguments = -vvvv --log-target=newfile:/tmp/pulseverbose.log
--log-time=1

  I have attached some of the logs up the point of failure to this
  report.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p:   phord      9173 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  phord      9173 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c:   phord      9173 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  phord      9173 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed Jun  7 14:48:59 2017
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_Card: ThinkPad OneLink Plus Dock Audio - ThinkPad OneLink Plus Dock
Audi
  Symptom_Type: Sound works for a while, then breaks
  Title: [USB-Audio - ThinkPad OneLink Plus Dock Audi, playback] fails after a
while
  dmi.bios.date: 08/02/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: N1FET43W (1.17 )
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
  dmi.board.name: 20FB005LUS
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: SDK0J40697 WIN
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: None
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrN1FET43W(1.17):bd08/02/2016:svnLENOVO:pn20FB005LUS:pvrThinkPadX1Carbon4th:rvnLENOVO:rn20FB005LUS:rvrSDK0J40697WIN:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNone:
  dmi.product.name: 20FB005LUS
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 4th
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO