There is no CVE to assign, as there is no flaw here.

As an administrator, you are requesting that the password be a space,
and the system allows it since the administrator knows best. This is
expected behaviour. If you don't want the password to be a space, enter
an adequate password.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to shadow in Ubuntu.

  Can use <space> as a password

Status in shadow package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Hi Team,

  I am not sure about this, but thought of reporting tho!.

  warmachine@ftw:~$ uname -a
  Linux ftw 4.13.0-39-generic #44~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 5 16:43:10 UTC
2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  However, while creating a user `sudo adduser test` I can keep only
  <space's> has my password for test user.

  Could someone please look into this and advise me for same. I believe
  password must be robust or only <spaces> should not be allowed.

  Thank you
  DM