commit 3cb744c9
Author: Ben Hutchings <b...@decadent.org.uk>
hook-functions: Rewrite block device sysfs lookup to be generic

commit 8ac52dc0
Author: Ben Hutchings <b...@decadent.org.uk>
hook-functions: Include modules for all components of a multi-disk device

Instead of doing the backport, which is huge, we added another sed
substitution: currently the script has substitutions for sdX and hdX, in order
to convert sda1 to sda, for example. The new substitution converts nvmeXnYpZ to
nvmeXnY.
It's less intrusive than the full backport, since this is a SRU to Trusty only.

[Test Case]
To be added.

[Regression Potential]
If the sed expression was somewhat broken, we could have an issue generating
initiramfs for generic block devices, like regular HDDs.

[Other Info]
This issue is based on Debian bug #785147:

** Affects: initramfs-tools

** Affects: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)

** Affects: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Affects: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Tags: sts trusty
--
NVMe boot drives not supported - failing in generating initramfs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1771557