Hi,
you are right and this is a dup of bug 1767283 which I already fixed in Cosmic
and have a backport for Bionic ongoing right now.

Closing this as Dup.

   nc doesn't support "-s IP" option

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to netcat-openbsd in Ubuntu.

  netcat-openbsd does not allow setting source port

Status in netcat-openbsd package in Ubuntu:

  When connecting to a remote host, both the command-line help and man-
  page state that specifying `-p` will set the local port number.
  However, when I actually attempt to do it, only the usage text is
  printed:

  $ nc.openbsd -p 12345 localhost 12345
  usage: nc [-46CDdFhklNnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-M ttl]
     [-m minttl] [-O length] [-P proxy_username] [-p source_port]
     [-q seconds] [-s source] [-T keyword] [-V rtable] [-W recvlimit] [-w
timeout]
     [-X proxy_protocol] [-x proxy_address[:port]]        [destination] [port]

  This appears to be caused by an erroneous check on line 541 of
  netcat.c, introduced by `misc-failures-and-features.patch`. If I
  remove the check or undo the patch completely, the source port is set
  correctly, but remains bound after I close the connection. Meanwhile,
  netcat-traditional works as expected.